OUR BOARD MEMBERS
My husband, Owen, and I have two boys at Kloefkorn in 2015-16, 3rd grade and K, and a new baby to keep me company at home. My professional background is in organizational engagement and improvement and I have spent time serving on several boards in other organizations. I look forward to bringing that energy to continuing the work the earlier boards have done. In the past, I have been active in Fun Night, after school programs, and school picture day. In my spare time, I enjoy reading, cultivating our Little Free Library, and listening to live music.
I’m Shanti Gangadharan, married to Sagar Damle and we have two children, Karuna (2nd) and Anandi (preschool). I am a mother all the time and a part time business development/marketing manager with ClientSolv Technologies. At home and work, my life is about managing activities, money, and the overall happiness of my team! I am interested in joining the Kloefkorn PTO board to help grow our sense of community and happiness among our students, teachers, staff, and families. Since starting Kloefkorn last year, I have seen this community of learners come together and accomplish great things for our children and teachers. I would like to join this team of people, and build our community even more by creating more programs that encourage the love of learning and the growth of important relationships in our lives. I’m excited to volunteer in a different capacity and make a greater impact out our school. I enjoy spending time with my family, anything outdoors, reading, and helping children have Ah-Hah moments in life.
My name is Angela Korpas, and my husband Denes and I have a 3rd grader at Kloefkorn, Lily. We also have twin 4-year-old boys, Dom and Leo. I am a lawyer by trade but am currently staying at home, running our household. I have been a consistent volunteer in Kloefkorn classrooms these last years, and this year I was co-chair of the School Celebrations PTO Committee. I have served on numerous boards, including in the role as Secretary, and I look forward to offering my perspective and time to the Kloefkorn PTO board. In my free time, I enjoy listening to podcasts, reading, and travel.
I’m KayCee Wanser and my husband Steve and I have three children. Our youngest is currently in 2nd grade and loving all things Kloefkorn. I have been involved with the PTO and have volunteered numerous hours in the classroom. In my professional life I have spent time working for others in HR Recruiting and for the past 8 years have been a business owner. Working for both myself and others has provided me the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. You can also fine me volunteering for our HOA as the treasurer, volunteering as both a Girl Scout Troop Leader and a 4H Club Leader. I look forward to working with the board and all families to help grow our sense of community among our students, teachers, staff, and families. I have enjoyed serving as the Movie Night Committee Chair and watching our Kloefkorn community come together!
Contact the Board
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, we encourage you to contact us!
The President shall be the general manager of the Corporation and, subject to the control of the Board of Directors, shall in general supervise and direct operations of the Corporation. With the approval of the Board of Directors, the President may create and appoint special committees as necessary, with the exception of the nominating committee. The President may sign with the Secretary, Treasurer or any other proper officer of the Corporation thereunto authorized by the Board of Directors, certificates for membership in the Corporation, and deeds, mortgages, bond, contracts, bids or other instruments which the Board of Directors has authorized to be executed, except in cases where the signing and execution thereof shall be expressly delegated by the Board of Directors or by these Bylaws to some other officer or agent of the Corporation, or shall be required by law to be otherwise signed or executed, and in general shall perform all duties as may be prescribed by the Bylaws or its Board of Directors from time to time.
The President-Elect shall assist the President in managing the operations of the Corporation. In the absence of the President or in the event of his or her death, inability or refusal to act, the President-Elect shall perform the duties of the President and when so acting, shall have all the power of and be subject to all the restrictions upon the President. The President-Elect shall perform such other duties as from time to time may be assigned by the President or by the Board of Directors.
The Vice President shall assist the President and President-Elect in managing the operations of the Corporation. The Vice President shall act as chairperson of the nominating committee and shall perform such other duties as from time to time may be assigned by the President or by the Board of Directors In the absence of the President-Elect or in the event of his or her death, inability or refusal to act, the Vice President shall perform both the duties of the President-Elect and the duties of the Vice President, when so acting, shall have all the power of and be subject to all the restrictions upon the President-Elect and the Vice President.
The Secretary shall:
- keep as permanent records minutes of all meetings of its members and board of directors, a record of all actions taken by the members or directors without a meeting, and a record of all actions taken by committees of the board of directors as required by law;
- see that all notices are duly given in accordance with the provisions of these Bylaws and as required by law;
- be custodian of the corporate records and of the seal of the Corporation and see that the seal of the Corporation is affixed to all documents the execution of which on behalf of the Corporation under its seal is duly authorized;
- keep a register of the post office address of each member which shall be furnished to the Secretary by such members;
- in general perform all duties incident to the office of Secretary and such other duties as from time to time may be assigned by the President, Board of Directors, or Executive Committee; and
- deliver to the Secretary of State a biennial report as provided in section 21-19,172 of the Nebraska Nonprofit Corporation Act.
If required by the Board of Directors, the Treasurer shall give a bond for the faithful discharge of his or her duties in such sum and with such surety or sureties as the Board of Directors shall determine. The Treasurer shall:
- have charge and custody of and be responsible for all funds and securities of the Corporation;
- receive and give receipts for monies due and payable to the Corporation from any source whatsoever, and deposit all such monies in the name of the Corporation in such banks, trust companies or other depositories as shall be selected in accordance with these Bylaws;
- give regular and full reports to the Board of Directors regarding his or her actions and the status of the books and records of the Corporation; and
- in general perform all duties incident to the office of Treasurer and such other duties as from time to time may be assigned by the President or by the Board of Directors.